- UCSC Genome Browser: Gateway for browsing many genomes (and BLAT, to map your sequence on the genome).
- Ensembl genome databases and browsers for human, mouse, and other species.
- NCBI Genomes including human and mouse
- GeneCards - database of human genes, their products and their involvement in diseases
- NCBI Entrez Genome Project
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) via NCBI's Entrez browser
- TIGR Gene Indices (multiple species) - a non-redundant view of all genes created from EST clustering and consensus building
- UniGene - Unique Gene Sequence Collection for model organisms.
- NCBI HomoloGene: a system for automated detection of homologs of several completely sequenced eukaryotic genomes
- Mouse Genome Informatics - comprehensive databases of genetic information on the laboratory mouse
- Gene Expression Database for the Mouse - at Jackson Laboratory
- Zebrafish WWW Server Home Page
- C elegans Database and Blast server - at the Sanger Center
- SmedDb: Schmidtea mediterranea (planarian) Database
- FlyBase - Database of genetic & molecular data for Drosophila from Indiana University
- Berkeley Drosophila Genome Project
- SGD: Saccharomyces Genome Database
- Saccharomyces Genomic Information Resource - at Stanford University
- Candida Genome Database: genomics of Candida albicans
- NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information): resource for databases like PubMed, Entrez, UniGene, dbEST, OMIM, and many others (many of which permit download of data archives)
- The NCBI Handbook: descriptions of NCBI databases and how to use them
- DDBJ: DNA Data Bank of Japan
- EMBL Nucleotide, Protein, and other databases
- EBI: the European Bioinformatics Institute; manages many databases and analysis tools